Western Region Centre Against Sexual Assault
WestCASA is a community based not-for-profit sexual assault counselling service operating in the western metropolitan region of Melbourne for the past 24 years.
WestCASA provides a 24 hour crisis care service in conjunction with the Victorian Sexual Assault Crisis Line (SACL).
WestCASA aims to both facilitate the recovery and healing of victim/survivors of sexual assault and work toward the elimination of sexual violence in society. The service vision is for a world where everyone lives free from the fear of sexual violence.
To achieve this vision, WestCASA provides a range of post-trauma and community education services, including:
- Crisis care for recent victims/survivors of sexual assault in partnership with the Victorian Police Sexual offences and Child Abuse Investigation
- Team (SOCIT) from Footscray and Western Health through Sunshine Hospital’s Emergency Department.
- Counselling for victims/survivors of sexual assault, their families, partners and friends.
- Advocacy and referral for victims/survivors of sexual assault
- Telephone support and information.
- Group work.
- Secondary and clinical consultation with other professionals working with victims/survivors of sexual assault
- Education and training for the community, professionals, groups and agencies in the Western region.
WestCASA is a member of the CASA Forum. The Victorian CASA Forum is the peak body of the 15 Centres Against Sexual Assault, and the Victorian Sexual Assault Crisis Line (SACL).
Together we work to ensure that men, women and children who are victim/survivors of sexual assault have access to comprehensive and timely support and intervention to address their needs.
We also work towards the elimination of sexual violence through community and professional education, informing government policy, advocating for law reform and facilitating research to increase community understanding of the nature and incidence of sexual assault.
WestCASA is an HDAA Australia Pty Ltd certified organisation. Achievement of Certification to the Human Service Standards and ISO9001:2015 provides service users with confidence that WestCASA have effective management systems in place that are regularly reviewed.
West CASA is committed to providing high quality services that meet client requirements, statutory and regulatory requirements, and the organisation’s own requirements. The Board, management and staff of WestCASA are committed to providing high quality sexual assault and related family violence counselling and advocacy services through supporting people who have experienced sexual assault and related family violence to make informed decisions about all medical, legal and social processes, and advocating on their behalf.